If you are a social media manager, you have a lot of reporting to do. You need answers backed by data such as the growth rate of your business, the rate of engagement, top-performing posts, clients’ responses, etc.
Visualizing all that data manually is a daunting task. It would take hours to generate reports and analyze manually.
This is where social media analytics tools come in. These tools are made to do this robotic task for you in just a blink.
So, why drain your mind and body doing these brainstorming tasks when there are tools made just to do that!
In this list, we have analyzed some top-notch tools for you to get social media analytics with just a click.
Without any further ado, let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
First on our list of popular social media analytics tools for rigorous insights is SocialPilot.
It is one of the most cost-effective tools for social media management. It lets you post on various social media platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google My Business, Pinterest, Tumblr, and VK.
It is very easy to track insights for social media campaigns for each of your profiles. You can track content engagement, demographics, audience growth, and influencers.
Users can organize, publish, promote, execute, and generate reports under social media banners through this tool. SocialPilot manages your content, social media analytics and scheduling calendar in a single dashboard so you can efficiently connect your digital campaigns.
When you add an account to SocialPilot, it draws in analytical data and eliminates the need for a manual setup. This is a great feature if you’re a busy social media marketer.
Why Select SocialPilot as Your Social Media Analytics Tool?
- You can analyze the top-performing content that boosts engagement and optimize it accordingly.
- It provides in-depth audience insights to analyze growth patterns.
- The influencers analytics tool assists users in discovering top influencers that can help in driving engagement.
- It finds the best time to post by analyzing when your followers are online and most active.
- It allows you to download PDF social media analytics reports anytime.
- You can instantly email social media reports to your clients from the SocialPilot dashboard.
- You can analyze every section of your social account with extensive social media analytics.
- Other than analyzing social media channels, you can also schedule posts and curate content.
- The social media calendar allows you to visualize your social content strategy.
What Do People Think About SocialPilot?
I love being able to schedule multiple posts for multiple accounts and batch content. The analytics are good too. We can have way more accounts vs. some of the other sites out there. I also love that I can set groups and select multiple accounts with one click. There is an option to export reports with your company logo on them to look very professional. Another feature that I absolutely love is the hashtag counter. SocialPilot is the only program I’ve seen that includes this, and it’s a game-changer!
Luis Ignacio C.
I implemented SocialPilot as the primary tool for content management. SocialPilot is truly amazing. Apart from all that, they also offer you a complete section of analytics, which allows you to show the orderly evolution of your work.
The scheduler function allows me to organize and post content for an entire month in advance. I can be sure that the content will be posted on time. The platform is easily navigated and easy to use. The social analytics component is very beneficial and serves as a great guide to understanding how your content is doing and who exactly your audience is.
2. Social Status
Social Status is the only dedicated social media analytics and reporting tool on our list. The tool is trusted by over 10,000 brands and agencies to help automate their social media reporting through advanced dashboards and customizable reports.
Social Status supports Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. The platform also includes Ads Analytics, Competitor Analytics, and Influencer Analytics.
- Most comprehensive social media analytics tool on the market
- Full audience demographic breakdowns and growth tracking
- Paid and organic breakdowns for posts
- Free 14-day trial
I love the breakdown Social Status does on any profile you add. You are able to see the best-performing posts broken down by their types. This is super useful for research, especially when you want to figure out best-performing posts.
- Since it’s a dedicated social analytics tool there is no publishing or scheduling feature
- No support for Pinterest yet
I have had occasions in the past where reports took quite a while to generate particularly if you were doing one over a longer period of time. However, this seems to be less of an issue now.
The next tool on our list of top social media analytics tools is Agorapulse. It assists in scheduling posts, analyzing performance, and monitoring hashtags and keywords.
Even though it doesn’t qualify as a social media analytics tool, its analytics and reporting feature makes it a great tool for beginners to get a clear picture of overall social media performance.
- It gives accurate social media competitor analytics.
- The topic-wise labeling feature empowers you to track the analytics of your post and generate reports instantly.
- It assists in providing insightful community management reports such as response and conversation rates to show how well your customer/community interaction is.
- They also provide a 30-day free trial.
I like the web interface (and to some extent, the app as well) in that it’s clear and easy to see different views of both scheduled posts, engagement, and more. A close second would be the analytics, which both provides an easy interface to understand things and also the ability to download the raw reports and let others roll around in the data.
- Agorapulse provides basic reports, making them less useful for agencies.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The app is not mobile-friendly.
Unfortunately, the reporting is pretty weak. We actually use another third-party app to pull .csv files for loading into Google Sheets and Google Data Studio. AgoraPulse will allow you to export mostly PowerPoints (which aren’t that pretty) and some .csv files for very basic social metrics.
ShortStack is the next best tool on our list for social media analytics. It empowers you to handle everything, beginning with entry data to long-term campaign performance.
It lets visitors fill in their details on the page and unlock special offers incorporating e-books, discount codes, or giveaways. It also has customizable features like landing page templates in different colors and engaging fonts, widgets for forms, polls, and galleries.
- It’s effortless to design, launch, and monitor, even for beginners.
- It has a drag and drops feature to customize colors, fonts, widgets, etc., to give your clients and followers an elevated experience.
- It gives you the ability to embed any analytics tag for tracking conversions or retargeting.
It truly is definitely very simple to establish a contest or landing site rapidly, with simple to switch templates plus the new topic customization. You could insert your very own codes and scripts to provide you with more characteristics as opposed to the wide range you’ll find currently.
- ShortStack is a contest platform, so it might not be the best fit if you are looking to manage social media and get analytics.
- The tool offers comprehensive contest analytics but doesn’t consider entry-fee processing.
It’s a very complex piece of software to program, and the workflow isn’t always intuitive. It left me with a few customer grievances, unfortunately. Doors opening at the wrong time and people missing out on offers.
Next on our list of popular social media analytics tools is Hootsuite.
It has over 16 million users and 1,000+ employees. Hootsuite is one of the most useful tools if you want to get insights and analytics of various social media platforms.
It assists them in publishing posts, managing and analyzing social media research, and providing insightful analytics. Hootsuite integrates with multiple other platforms and social media networks.
It’s a time-saver tool that schedules posts across your social channels in just a few clicks. This tool is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses and marketing agencies who want to get critical analytics.
- The prime and most used feature of Hootsuite is publishing and scheduling social media posts.
- It assists in curating quality content that pleases the audience and reaches more people.
- It has an all-in-one interface that allows you to add different networks for quick monitoring.
- With the main goal of reaching audiences in different time zones, the post and duplicate feature enables sharing the same update many times.
Having a nice visual for each feed gives a great lay of the land on what is queued up in your pipeline of posts. It’s also pretty simple to upload and schedule posts, as well as going back to make edits to settings before a post is scheduled to go live.
- Paid plans are quite expensive.
- Priority support is not open for every customer.
- Some users find it complicated to navigate through multiple features.
I’d have to say the cost is the biggest drawback for me. The free tier used to allow slightly more channels to post to, but they reduced that number, forcing me to either upgrade or choose another product.
Keyhole is a great analytics and monitoring tool that can be used for all of your social media requirements online. It assists companies in estimating the impact of their influencer and social media campaigns.
Keyhole empowers you to discover, track, and reach out to your influencers and clients.
- Keyhole provides a simple, clean, and user-friendly dashboard.
- Historical data and influencer management features are helpful.
- You can download a PDF of reports and analytics.
Keyhole is an excellent tool for providing basic insights about social media accounts and tracking social media conversations. As a college professor, I have found it to be a great way to introduce students to social media analytics.
- You may have to set up trackers.
- Free and paid versions have a huge difference in terms of features.
- There is a limitation on the number of hashtags you can use even when paying the monthly fee.
I felt like it broke A LOT. Sometimes info would not be pulled, the reports would be screwed up, etc. When I requested help, I was made to feel like I was the one making mistakes when I was a pretty savvy user (IMO).
Last but not least is Sendible. This is yet another comprehensive tool for social media analytics and reports.
It assists in easily tracking and managing social media strategy and overall growth. It has an inbuilt CRM, and they also provide great customer service.
Sendible is a robust and advanced social media analytics solution to serve SMEs and large businesses to stimulate business growth and manage productive social media marketing.
- The support and service are remarkable.
- It assists in team control, analysis, reporting and understanding business processes.
- It is a cost-effective tool with comprehensive features.
- It also allows scheduling posts to other platforms.
I like that Sendible offers robust features for a reasonable price. All the more robust programs are cost-prohibitive for someone working on their own like me. Sendible fills that gap.
- The mobile app is glitchy.
- Sometimes, it’s difficult to understand some functionalities.
- It doesn’t interact well with Instagram and has a limited library.
I don’t like the monitor and measure features, I consider them limited. The features are there, but the layout and configuration of the platform are not that user-friendly, especially if you run content for different clients.
Which One Should You Choose?
In this list, we narrowed down some of the top platforms for analyzing and generating reports of social media channels. With the features, pros and cons, and the most honest reviews from legit customers, this list must have cleared your doubts.
There are numerous social media analytics tools available, but you can’t ignore the downsides of these tools like pricing factors, customer service and other downsides of these tools.
SocialPilot seems to be better than others. With its affordable pricing, exceptional customer service and robust features, this is, hands down, the top social media analytics tool to lay your hands on.
There is also a free trial available. Go and try it yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions
🌟 What is a social media analytics tool?
Social media analytics is used for tracking and reporting social media metrics such as growth, reach, engagement, clicks, website visits, likes, replies, tags, mentions, etc.
🌟 Which are the best social media analytics tools in 2022?
The best social media analytics tools are:
- Social Status
🌟 Can I download social media reports for free?
Yes, with the help of social media analytics tools like SocialPilot, you can download reports for free. SocialPilot is one of the top social media reporting and analysis tools as:
- You can email the social media report to your clients from the dashboard itself.
- It lets you download social media reports with graphs in PDF format for free.
- You can customize the reports based on the dates you choose.
🌟 Why is social media analytics important?
Social media analytics is important to analyze the effectiveness of your social media efforts. It tells you if your strategy is working or requires some changes.
🌟 Are social media analytics tools expensive?
No, not every social media analytics tool is expensive. SocialPilot is a cost-effective, budget-friendly tool for analyzing your social media content.