Did you know a regular social media user spends 2 hours and 25 minutes on social media?
4.2 billion people use social media daily, so can you imagine how powerful these virtual platforms have become?
And this increased use of social media prompted the need to have unified social media management. Because our online presence is not restricted to just one website, we tend to use more than one social media platform to stay updated.
The early adopter who identified this gap and began with its social media management services is Hootsuite.
Hootsuite is one of the oldest social media management tools, and even though it is a very popular and reliable platform, Hootsuite also has some shortcomings. For example, it lacks CRM integrations, is not mobile-friendly, and its detailed analytics is expensive. You must weigh the disadvantages before purchasing it for your business.
And since there are plenty of options available now, there is no harm in looking out for alternatives. Right?
So, here we have brought you the best Hootsuite alternatives, with features, pros and cons, and pricing.
So without any further ado, let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
First on our list of Hootsuite alternatives is SocialPilot. Everything about SocialPilot screams top-notch user experience and quality. It provides you with a huge variety of features that come with exceptional usability and cost-effective plans. It empowers you to run social media campaigns and daily tasks with efficiency, speed, and accuracy. Effortlessness being a forte of SocialPilot, it has a sleek and automatic user interface that is easy to use and navigate.
SocialPilot is a comprehensive platform with highly operative tools for social media management. Be it creating groups of similar accounts, handling Facebook pages from an individual account, or preparing detailed performance reports, SocialPilot is developed in such a way that you can get the most out of your and your client’s social media pages.
Why choose SocialPilot over Hootsuite?
- Social media scheduling: Creating and scheduling a post using SocialPilot is a cakewalk for users. Various options are available to make a post stand out – like adding and editing pictures, videos, and even GIFs via the inbuilt search engine.
- Bulk scheduling: SocialPilot enables bulk scheduling (both images and articles) up to 500 posts in advance so that you never miss a post at the times your audience is highly active.
- Content curation: Unlike content marketing tools that restrict your searches to ten or more keywords, SocialPilot enables you to explore as many keywords as you need.
- Discover trending content: SocialPilot helps you find the most current and up-to-date content ideas by just filtering your search for content posted in the past few hours, the day, or the week.
- Social media calendar: This tool from SocialPilot helps you visualize your content strategy. It assists in streamlining your social media channels and boosts engagement through planning, organization, and execution.
- Analytics: Social media management is incomplete without analytics tools. SocialPilot has an efficient analytics tool that generates reports for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest pages.
- Reports and performances: It provides an overview of the selected page’s performance, a description of the audience’s growth, and a demographic breakdown.
- RSS feed automation: This tool automatically shares the blogs of your preferred websites on your social media accounts. With SocialPilot, you have the facility to connect the RSS Feed from your website or any other website of your preference.
- Mobile and add-ons: The add-on is a button that, upon being clicked, automatically builds the base of a post by adding the meta title and the URL of the site you sailed to.
- Integrations available: Zapier and Feedly integrations are available in SocialPilot.
- Extensions: The web extension for SocialPilot can be installed and used on browsers such as Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
What do people think about SocialPilot?
I love being able to schedule multiple posts for multiple accounts and batch content. The analytics are good too. We can have way more accounts vs. some of the other sites out there.
Analytics are good, the calendar view is great, support is excellent. Fabulous. Thanks to the team at SocialPilot. It makes my life easier working on different client accounts.
SocialPilot fit a perfect price point and got me connected to all of my social media accounts very quickly. I can make my posts and schedule them as I like. Thank you!
The next Hootsuite alternative on our list is Sendible. It is a social media management tool with all the significant tools required to simultaneously run various social media channels.
Apart from the basic social media tasks, Sendible supports team management, offers detailed performance analytics, and allows you to white label for client work. Like SocialPilot, Sendible also helps you find content that’s worth sharing/trending in the first place.
- Sendible integrates with all major social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest. It also integrates with blogging platforms like Medium, WordPress, Blogger.
- RSS Feed poster, content suggestions, in-built content library, and easy access to the design tool, Canva makes it easy to keep the social media calendar busy.
- Bulk-scheduling content with images via uploading a CSV file is a great tool in Sendible.
- Team collaborations, analytics and insights, CRM, email marketing, social listening, and publishing are important features.
The platform is intuitive and training new employees to post is a breeze. The preview and approval chain features help us make sure our posts are accurate and beautiful.
- No free plan, but a 30-day trial is available.
- Other downsides are inadequate review tracking and the lack of a calendar view.
I had numerous issues with inaccurate analytics and strange bugs.
Later is a robust social media management platform that enables budding marketers to schedule social media posts across numerous platforms. It has user-friendly features with insights and analytics to assist you in boosting your reach and ROI, making it one of the best Hootsuite alternatives.
Later pairs detailed visuals with easy-to-use features that improve and streamline your social media marketing strategy. It integrates with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- The basic features of Later are drag-and-drop post scheduling, calendar view, and media library for storing images and videos.
- Later features a detailed analytics dashboard with a wide variety of insights from the platforms you integrate with the software.
- Later’s collect media tab enables users to save content from other Instagram users for later re-sharing.
- Linkin.bio feature lets you create a clickable landing page that helps in generating quality leads.
I like the interface and the media gallery a lot, and their newsletters are really informative and helpful.
- It provides scheduling for Instagram stories but only via push notifications.
- It currently doesn’t post videos to Pinterest via the mobile app, only via the desktop version.
The Facebook API is very faulty and keeps disconnecting, which renders the scheduling and automation feature useless if we need to do everything manually ourselves.
4. Post Planner
The next in Hootsuite alternatives list is Post Planner. It is a platform “created by social media marketers for social media marketers.” Post Planner is a platform designed to enhance any business’s social media marketing and campaigns, especially budding marketers.
Post Planner strives to get more engagement on social media in less time. Each interaction with a user is used as a data point for constantly improving the service.
- It is a cloud-based social media marketing tool that helps firms with content development, post scheduling, and performance tracking.
- Post Planner has a vast library to help users with creating engaging posts.
- The Recycle feature helps in reviving your best evergreen content and keeps it feeding into the social eco-system again and again if needed. This feature helps save time.
The system is easy to set up and use. There are lots of options and additional help. I also love the evergreen option to allow posts to repost at a later time.
- It reports what is trending but is not always relevant.
- It is an expensive platform.
The worst thing about this product is the negligence of customer support people. They never seem to be available.
Next on our list of top Hootsuite alternatives is Buffer. Over 75,000 social media managers use this exceptional platform. It is a freemium tool, best suited for anyone who wants to establish a social media presence.
At the time when Buffer launched, it was just a scheduling tool for Twitter. But over the years, it has come a long way and has made significant developments. Now it has become a comprehensive management tool for all social media channels.
- The detailed analytics tool helps you figure out if your content and scheduling decisions are powerful and relevant.
- You can add posts in the form of images, articles, news, videos, and more to the queue, anywhere and anytime.
- RSS feed integration, automatic scheduling, publishing, engagement, and landing page creation are some of the major features of Buffer.
As we are a small company, we do not have different departments, so using it across the board is seamless and easy.
- One of the drawbacks of Buffer is that even if you have a team of three members, you will have to buy the plan for five people because that’s the lowest limit.
- The extension lags in Google Chrome.
A cost-effective option for startups and early growth – not the long term solution.
Over 17,000 social media managers use Agorapulse as their go-to social media management tool, making this platform the choice of professionals. This tool offers CRM integration.
It has an inbuilt unified social inbox that enables users to have access to conversations. Agorapulse supports major social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Its intuitive publishing enables users to plan, cooperate, and schedule content for all social media channels.
- Insightful analytics is presented in elegant and actionable PDF and CSV reports that report what’s working and what isn’t.
- Agorapulse also offers five free tools; Easy Advocacy, Facebook Ads Report, Facebook Barometer, Twitter Report Card, and Facebook Timeline Contest.
Agorapulse is absolutely amazing. We have been using them for several months for numerous social channels and groups that we have scaled from ZERO to HERO.
- The mobile application is not user-friendly.
- It does not allow posting multiple images.
It feels really clunky, and there’s still a lot of improvement required.
Previously known as TweetLater.com, SocialOomph was launched originally to increase productivity through the effective management of Twitter. However, with time, it started improving the overall productivity of different social media channels and changed its name to SocialOomph.
SocialOomph is a freemium tool that can also act as one of the top free Hootsuite alternatives that assists in increasing productivity and enhancing solutions and services for social media users.
- SocialOomph assists individuals and teams with their social media management through diverse packages.
- The platform gives users an easy way to track keywords on Twitter.
- RSS blog support is also available in SocialOomph.
It saves me a lot of time from having to perform repetitive social media tasks.
- Due to being a platform for Twitter initially, most of the features are meant for Twitter only.
The user interface was so terrible, clunky, and confusing that I couldn’t remember how everything worked.
Which One Will You Choose?
So, in this list, we narrowed down some of the best Hootsuite alternatives. Even though the market is flooded with social media management tools, very few offer such comprehensive services.
Considering the pricing factor, features, and customer support, SocialPilot seems to be a near-perfect management tool. Unlike other tools, it offers a free trial.
What are you waiting for? Do try a tool that will upgrade and streamline your social media management strategies!
Frequently Asked Questions
🌟 What is social media management?
Social media management is the method of planning, scheduling, analyzing, listening, and engaging with content posted on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, YouTube, and Twitter.
🌟 What are social media management tools?
Software management tools are designed to enable the user to publish to, monitor, and manage one or more of your social media networks from an individual interface.
🌟 What are some Hootsuite alternatives?
SocialPilot, Buffer, Agorapulse, and Later are some of the best Hootsuite alternatives.
🌟 Is SocialPilot better than Hootsuite?
SocialPilot covers almost all the features a small business, budding marketers, or digital agency requires managing social media and is the most affordable one with a price starting from $75/month for 3 users.
🌟 What are some of the best social media management tools in 2022?
Here are the best social media management tools in 2022 worth considering:
- Post Planner