Can you guess what architecture, a road trip, and social media marketing have in common?
Planning, that’s right!
Even though all these three things can be improvised, intense planning is what makes them better. Planning, organizing, and execution are vital aspects of social media management.
To achieve success in this field, social media managers take the assistance of numerous tools.
And one type of those tools is a social media calendar tool. Social media managers all over the world won’t tell you the secret to their flawless management and optimization of multiple social media channels at once.
But here, we will spill the biggest one out!
By now, everyone has recognized the power social media holds. And we are here to tell you how you can seamlessly manage your channels of communication and boost quality sales.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
6 Fantastic social media calendar tools for busy marketers
First on our list of fantastic social media calendar tools is SocialPilot. An excellent platform to schedule social media posts, SocialPilot is the choice of professionals worldwide. With its straightforward and user-friendly social media calendar tool, you can climb up the mountain of critical planning like a pro!
Not only does it offer a calendar tool, but SocialPilot is also a platform with highly operative social media posting tools and compelling cross-posting features. It allows you to organize and plan all your social media channels in one place, minimizing your efforts and maximizing engagement. This is your ultimate go-to social media calendar tool.
Why Choose SocialPilot as Your Social Media Calendar Tool?
- The filters allow digging deeper into your plans with a calendar view. This is helpful if you manage various clients and create month-long social media campaigns for them.
- SocialPilot provides a prominent view of scheduled content. It gives you a wide view of how your social media plan for the whole month looks like. After you have scheduled posts daily or weekly for an extended period, you just need to revisit your plan and double-check.
- Many times some posts keep bringing in the traffic, engagement, and conversions. Identify these and don’t forget to enable ‘resharing’ on such posts. Why waste time creating new content when you already have posts working the way you want?
- SocialPilot has this feature to reschedule your posts with an editorial calendar. The drag and drop tool makes it easier to reschedule any post that you feel brings more engagement or requires more attention.
The social media calendar tool also enables you to share your beloved evergreen post. It allows resharing of the post that boosts traffic with minimal effort.
- With SocialPilot, you can easily copy any post and flawlessly schedule it without uploading the same image or the text again and again. There is also an option to make edits to the identical post before sharing it with the world.
- SocialPilot’s social media calendar lets you create time-sensitive posts right from the calendar. With just a simple click on the day and time on a calendar, you can fill in the details of the post you want to create.
You can link blog feeds that automatically get shared on your social media accounts as soon as you publish blog posts.
- You can also queue them up if you want to modify the time at which they get posted. You can also enjoy Instagram’s direct publishing feature with SocialPilot.
What Do People Think About SocialPilot?
Over the years, I have used quite a few of the social media management packages. I always found something that jarred with each one until I tried Social Pilot. The best thing about it is that it’s so easy to tailor messages to each channel and tag relevant businesses into the posts on Facebook and Twitter. Analytics are good, the calendar view is great, support is excellent. Fabulous. Thanks, the team at Social Pilot. It makes my life easier working on different client accounts.
I love being able to schedule multiple posts for multiple accounts and batch content. The analytics are good too. We can have way more accounts vs. some of the other sites out there. I also love that I can set groups and select multiple accounts with one click. There is an option to export reports with your company logo on them to look very professional.
I am a freelance SMM with a handful of clients and a growing portfolio. I tend to serve smaller businesses and entrepreneurs looking for affordable services. When looking for a content planner, it was important for me to have very specific features while also keeping the cost low so that I could pass saving on to my clients. After researching several options, Social Pilot was a great solution.
Sendible is a social media management tool with an inbuilt calendar tool that strives to make the process of organizing and planning simpler for you. It has great features like the unified dashboard, social media content calendar, team collaboration, white-label, client management, and many more advanced tools.
- It has a simplistic, user-friendly interface that does not require any technical knowledge or training.
- It assists in planning and organizing social media posts using social listening tools. It also boosts engagement and generates a quality lead.
- This is one of the social media calendar tools that support Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google My Business, Youtube, and Pinterest, with blogging platforms like WordPress, Medium, and Tumblr.
- Other features include Canva integration and Instagram first comment.
I have been using Sendible since August 2016, and it’s been a big time saver. I think it’s fairly easy to use, not too much of a learning curve if you have just started with them.
- LinkedIn asks users to log in again through Sendible every 60-90 days, which is tiresome and affects the calendar and schedules.
- Mobile app users tend to face glitches in it.
Not impressed, rather disappointed with customer service.
Next on our list of top social media content calendar tools is Loomly. If you need more space out of your content calendar, you can switch to an all-in-one content publishing and planning platform such as Loomly.
Loomly’s most robust feature set includes a collaboration and approval environment so that teams can submit mockups, provide comments, see version logs, and flag for approval. This can help you streamline processes for efficiency when there are “too many cooks in the kitchen” on a particular project.
- The tool can suggest ideas based on which you can optimize your posts for more engagement and conversions.
- Loomly is a great social media calendar tool that efficiently helps plan, organize, and execute paid and organic social media campaigns.
- It is an excellent tool for users with numerous clients and a big team to operate as it provides quick collaboration and seamless scheduling.
I love that it has so many tools that other planners/schedulers don’t have. I love that it’s easy to use and is offered at such a low price compared to other planners/schedulers!
- The tool has very few integrations with other platforms.
- CRM integrations are also very few.
- Sometimes, calendars and social media accounts don’t get connected.
I have a very frustrating time trying to post on various platforms.
With over 17,000 social media managers using Agorapulse as their go-to social media calendar tool, this platform is the choice of professionals. This tool also offers CRM integration.
With its in-built unified social inbox, users have access to conversations. Agorapulse’s Shared Calendars have impeccable and unique URLs that can be shared with select clients.
- It has a straightforward and centralized dashboard.
- The Calendar function assists in visualizing all tweets and posts.
- With its comprehensive tools, analytics can be generated. It gives an overview of the social media campaigns that are successful and those not.
- Agorapulse enables users to control their social media accounts and view mentions, comments, and posts being shared.
Agorapulse is indispensable if you are using multiple accounts.
- Content scheduling in Agorapulse workflow could be more efficient and faster.
- It does not allow posting multiple images.
- The mobile application is not user-friendly.
Feels really clunky and there’s still a lot of improvement required.
Trusted by over 75,000 social media managers, Buffer is an exceptional freemium social media management tool. It is best suited for anyone who wants to establish a social media presence.
It has numerous pricing plans for everyone, from small businesses to agencies or big companies. The calendar feature makes it simpler to check the posts you have outlined and make corrections as necessary.
When Buffer was launched, it was a mere scheduling tool for Twitter. But it has come a long way and has added scheduling to various social networks. It has also included features such as detailed analytics.
- The analytics feature can figure out whether or not the decisions on your content and schedule are powerful and relevant.
- Buffer provides a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari to share content on different web pages.
- It comes with a powerful planning and scheduling feature. If you’re handling multiple social media accounts, you can create a different publishing schedule for each account.
One of the best social media management platforms with a high price for teams.
- Buffer extension lags in Google Chrome, despite its great features.
- Instagram and Pinterest features are very basic.
A cost-effective option for startups and early growth – not the long term solution.
6. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management tool that helps you grow your network and engage on social media platforms. Its calendar tool helps in planning and organizing your social media channels seamlessly.
It supports numerous helpful integrations like Zendesk, UserVoice, CRM tools, and more. The Social Listening tool aids you in setting up views that allow you to monitor the content posted on multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, and the web.
- It has a powerful social content calendar feature and a clean UI.
- CRM tools enable various team members to track conversation history, contact information, and other notes for client interactions.
- The publishing tool of Sprout Social is very efficient and flawless.
- The Smart Inbox tool lets you control various message types, which are different for each platform.
It was a wonderful experience with the Sprout Social. We have made many automation campaigns which helped our consumers a lot with no manpower needed.
- Sprout Social does not schedule and post stories on Instagram.
- It is an expensive tool for social media calendar templates.
- Sometimes the social media calendar tool does not work properly.
An impressive list of features and reports but expensive.
Which One Should You Choose?
In this list, we narrowed down some of the top platforms for scheduling and planning social media channels. With the brief features, pros and cons, and the most honest reviews from legit customers, this list must have cleared your doubts.
There are numerous social media calendar tools available in the market, but you can’t ignore the pricing factors, customer service, and other downsides of these tools.
SocialPilot seems to be better than others. With its affordable pricing, amazing customer service, and robust features, this is hands down the best tool to lay your hands on.
There is also a free trial available. So, what are you waiting for? Go and try it yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions
🌟 What does a social media calendar do?
Social media calendar is a tool or an excel sheet that keeps track of all your social media activities with dates and content types with relevant dependencies and owners.
🌟 What are the best tools for the social media calendar in 2022?
Following are some of the top social media calendar tools in 2022:
- Sprout Social
🌟 Is there any tool that helps in all social media management?
Yes, SocialPilot is an exceptional yet comprehensive tool that assists in scheduling, organizing, and managing all social media platforms in one place. SocialPilot lets you post on 9 social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and more that too at an affordable price.
🌟 Why do we need a social media calendar?
A social media calendar tool helps you plan and organize for every social media channel. It assists you in staying ahead and avoiding missed opportunities. That is why it is crucial to invest in such tools.
🌟 How can I create a content calendar?
A content calendar is a vital step in managing social media channels. You can start by defining your goals, creating social media content calendar templates, choosing time and platform, and setting limits. Individually doing so might be time-consuming. That’s why you need a social media calendar tool. It will make your work a lot easier.