A social media marketing team is responsible for a lot of things.
From reviewing and approving the content to scheduling social media posts and maintaining consistency in tone or approach, to name a few.
They are also required to find content in an inbox overloaded with hundreds of business emails.
Is there a way to make this collaboration run as smoothly as possible?
With the help of social media collaboration tools, your social media marketing can:
- Develop strategies
- Assign responsibilities
- Approve content for posts
- Develop content ideas
- Build a content calendar
- Share files
Let’s explore some of the finest social media collaboration tools one by one.
Table of Contents
One of the most reliable and cost-effective social media collaboration tools for your marketing team is SocialPilot.
It is an all-in-one tool that enables you to collaborate with your marketing team and clients on all the top social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, TikTok, and VK.
You can monitor the collaborative efforts of your social media team by granting different degrees of authority, like Manager, Admin, and Content Creator.
Selective access allows you to restrict or grant authorization to only the accounts on which teammates should collaborate. This will cause them to concentrate on what they need to improve on rather than stressing about how other authorized accounts are performing.
With SocialPilot, you can also create customized posts, schedule and publish them from a centralized dashboard. It also enables you to monitor social media posts’ performances and engagement activities.
Why Choose SocialPilot as Your Go-to Social Media Collaboration Tool?
- Managers and content creators can use SocialPilot to design a workflow process in which content creators can effortlessly edit, produce, and schedule posts. The only thing remaining to do next is to wait for the manager’s consent before publishing the content.
- SocialPilot allows you to invite freelancers or interns to your crew as content creators and evaluate their work before it is published.
- It streamlines delegation of the day-to-day nitty-gritty operations by granting admin access to team members, allowing you to focus on expanding your business.
- It empowers administrators to invite clients as well as other teammates.
- You can enable your teammates to integrate more social media accounts with SocialPilot even if you do not grant full admin access.
- SocialPilot allows content creators to access relevant curated content and create fresh posts, ensuring that you never run out of material to post.
- In addition, a new update allows teammates to be given selective authorization to SocialPilot’s social inbox and analytics reporting features for a more practical approach to brand engagement.
- You can get your content marketing strategy completely on track using SocialPilot’s social calendar functionality. This function also eliminates misunderstandings and errors by ensuring that all teammates are on the same page.
- SocialPilot offers white-labeled reports that you can customize to your branding and send to clients via mail or download as PDF files. This feature avoids the need to compile social media reports every month manually.
- SocialPilot, like many other social media collaboration tools with similar functionalities, does not compel you to buy a separate subscription for each functionality, nor does it charge you per user.
What Do SocialPilot Users Say?
Excellent! I tried a few other such tools (Buffer, Socialchamp), and SocialPilot is the best in terms of how easy it is to schedule posts for 1 or 2 months in advance. I could feel that a lot of thinking was put into making very repetitive tasks easy to perform, which is the most important for such tools.
I love being able to schedule multiple posts for multiple accounts and batch content. The analytics are good too. We can have way more accounts vs. some of the other sites out there. I also love that I can set groups and select multiple accounts with one click. There is an option to export reports with your company logo on them to look very professional. Another feature that I absolutely love is the hashtag counter. SocialPilot is the only program I’ve seen that includes this, and it’s a game-changer!
Even though it’s separate software, by focusing exclusively on social media, you get all of the benefits out of that. I love it and never have to worry about glitches/feel like I have to check if something is posted or not.
2. Google Drive
Do you have to send out many business emails only to get a single revised document? Or have you ever had an urgent need to publish something on Instagram and ended up posting an outdated piece of content?
If this is the case, then Google Drive is your marketing team’s social media collaboration tool.
It can store documents, files, and photos, and it allows you to collaborate with your teammates and clients on the same docs, spreadsheets, and slideshows in real-time.
- If you don’t have a laptop or PC around, you can view and access everything from your smartphone and even edit content if required.
- You are not required to save anything as it auto-saves work or any new changes. Your team will be able to view all of the edits you make in real-time.
Whether it’s music, videos, images, or documents, they can all be stored in Drive. Files can be separated into folders, so it’s really easy to organize and keep track of everything. Drive syncs across all my devices, so I have access to important information, whether using my mobile, tablet, or PC.
- There is a storage limitation, so if you have a lot of files to store, it could get expensive.
- You’ll always need a connection to the internet, and downloading or uploading documents or files takes a substantial amount of time, which can become a time-consuming process.
I wish they could have offered a bigger storage room for the price I paid.
While it is not a suitable tool for social media management, Slack works brilliantly as a social media team collaboration software. At its foundation, Slack was a robust chat room, but it has evolved into a multi-faceted role for many organizations.
One of these responsibilities is that of a center for exchanging and collecting links. Team members can post interesting and amusing links in one of the chat rooms for others members to view. It can be an effective strategy to generate high-quality content for your company’s social media profiles.
Slack can be used to connect your social media marketing team, create different channels to share content, assign work, and collaborate on your projects. You can also send group or private messages and make video and audio calls.
- Over 1000 tools, including Dropbox, Salesforce, and Zendesk, can be integrated with Slack.
- In Slack, everything stays in the same place, so you only need to do a quick search to find what you’re looking for.
Slack is a user-friendly, robust collaboration tool that allows for quick setup and access to channels both public and private. Asynchronous communication is a cinch and the Mentions and Reactions feature allows for easy access to what recent messages you have received.
- Slack’s mobile application needs improvement, according to users.
- When the search function encounters a minor glitch, it can be cumbersome, particularly if you have a big company.
What I like least is the pricing, you need to pay US$7 per user to enable the collaboration of a full team. Some users just answer messages on Slack; others use all the features.
4. Evernote Teams
To begin with, Evernote Teams and Evernote are not the same. However, it can be an excellent social media collaboration tool for social media marketing teams to develop and share content. You can also compile resources, information, and concepts and put them all on one channel for anyone to view or read.
You can also use Evernote Teams to monitor and manage different projects. You can also use it the same way that you would use standard Evernote, just recording and collecting anything you want from the internet, such as videos, articles, etc.
Evernote Teams is handy for social media marketers in helping you explore and research ideas and content as a team. It also enables you to strategize your social media content and collect unique articles to display on your social media platforms.
- With so many integrations available, you can optimize your team’s work and ensure nothing goes between the cracks.
- Evernote Teams also provides offline access, allowing you to work and collaborate with your teammates, even when your internet connection is unavailable.
If you are looking for amazing multi-platform software, especially to serve your note-taking purpose, Evernote Business is leading the market. It comes in a minimalistic design with smooth collaborative features so that you can perfectly sync with other platforms. When it comes to collaboration features, no other software can defeat Evernote business. You can not only do teamwork on your projects but also store all of the important information in one single place.
- Only the desktop version of Evernote Teams allows you to edit your documents.
- If your team has many people, using this tool becomes too pricey.
There are limited options for the text style and format customization that can be altered and edited here. Beautiful and properly formatted notes improve my moods and attract creativity in myself, which I hope this software can offer. Other than that point, everything else is wonderful.
5. Post Planner
Do you delegate post-scheduling duties to someone on your team and yet discover that they are forgotten from time to time? Or perhaps you’re having trouble determining which types of content perform best. These are the two concerns that Post Planner can assist you in resolving effectively and efficiently.
With a research-backed content recommendation engine and a rich image library, not to mention the option to collaborate with teammates, Post Planner helps you identify the finest content to post on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
You can also categorize and save your favorite content sources in customized folders so you can access them whenever you need new content for your social media sites.
- Post Planner offers thousands of status ideas in various categories, including questions, philosophical thoughts, trivia, and more.
- It has a free version for small-sized businesses.
The ability to plan posts for specific times and purposes and set up a library of items I want to share with my followers. Post Planner has a vast library to help me with posts to keep good, relevant, and encouraging content to my followers. I also love the evergreen option to allow posts to repost at a later time.
- It doesn’t integrate with TikTok.
- Users have complained about billing issues several times.
I’d like to be able to delete posts from my queue after they’ve been posted, which is not currently available.
Which Social Media Team Collaboration Tools Should You Choose?
These are some of the best social media collaboration tools for your marketing team to use while planning and executing social media management activities for a brand or organization. The goal is to find something that allows you to save time as a team while simultaneously producing better outcomes for your effort.
These tools will make your work interesting and less time-consuming.
However, out of these five tools, we recommend SocialPilot since it will efficiently enable your workforce to collaborate and handle the numerous responsibilities they are juggling.
Take advantage of free 14-day trial and decide for yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions
🌟 What are social media collaboration tools?
Social media collaboration tools help you streamline your workflow so that work is simple and nothing is overlooked. They make it easier for teams to operate successfully, from scheduling content to assigning duties.
🌟 What are the finest social media collaboration tools?
The best social media collaboration tools are:
- Google Drive
- Evernote Business
- Post Planner
🌟 Is it possible to collaborate at work in a small company?
Yes, you must ascertain the company's requirements and approve the necessary demands. You can continue using these collaboration tools even as you increase the head count.
🌟 Is it possible to hide any of my shared calendar information?
Yes, most collaboration tools allow you to adjust the level of confidentiality as needed. You can set the roles and restrict the access things as per priority.
🌟 Is Post Planner's free version suitable for small-sized companies?
Post Planner's free version is suitable for small-sized companies if they're only on 5 social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter. Whereas SocialPilot supports more than 8 platforms at a competent price range.